Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On TwitterTweets by @walton_arts
- Late Performance Added for The Rocky Horror Picture Show at Walton Arts Center
- Secret Agent 23 Skidoo Opens Kimberly Clark Family Fun Series
- Tickets Still Available for Irving Berlin’s White Christmas
- Food Vendors, Technology Partners Bringing Their Best to AMP Fest
- New Visual Arts Exhibition Opens at Walton Arts Center’s Joy Pratt Markham Gallery
- Ukulele Virtuoso Kicks Off Walton Arts Center’s Land O’Lakes American Music Series
- NPR Humorist and Bestselling Author, David Sedaris, Returns to Walton Arts Center
- More Than 20 Breweries, 60 Beers for Sampling at AMP Fest
- Ballet Arkansas’ Emergence Combines Classical Ballet with Innovation and Movement
- Irving Berlin’s White Christmas Brings Holiday Cheer to Walton Arts Center
- Adventurous and Original Huntertones Kick-Off Walton Art Center’s Starrlight Jazz Club Series
- Niall Horan Coming to the Walmart AMP in 2018
- Prepaid Parking Available for All Walton Arts Center Events
- Impacting the Next Generation Through Arts Education
- Tickets Still Available for Rodgers & Hammerstein’s The King and I
- NEW PROGRAMS: Programs Allow Patrons to Be More Than an Audience Member
- John Paul White Returning to NWA for AMP Fest
- Arkansas Native Bobby Bones Brings His Comedy Show to Walton Arts Center
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s The King And I Opens P&G Broadway Series
- Single Tickets On Sale Now For Walton Arts Center’s 2017-18 Season
- AMP Fest Line Up Announced
- Subscription Packages Now Available For Early Access to Walton Arts Center’s 2017-18 Season
- Tickets Still Available for Motown the Musical at Walton Arts Center
- Discount Tickets Still Available for 4th of July Spectacular Featuring SoNA at the Walmart AMP
- AMP Fest Returns This Fall
- Celebrate July 4th with the Symphony of Northwest Arkansas at the Walmart AMP
- Don’t Miss Arkansas’ Premier Wine and Food Festival
- Walmart AMP Announces Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s StoneTM in Concert
- Radio and Music Legends to Perform at Walton Arts Center
- Third Coast Percussion to Perform John Luther Adams’ Inuksuit at Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
- Iconic Rock Group KISS to Perform at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Presents Motown the Musical
- Hank Williams Jr. Returns to the Walmart AMP
- Live Nation Celebrates Beginning of Summer Concert Season with National Concert Day and Special Offer for Fans
- NEW SHOW: Rascal Flatts Rhythm & Roots Tour 2017 at Walmart AMP
- Artosphere Trail Mix Weekend May 13-14 Experience Art, Music and Nature Along Regional Trails
- ANNOUNCING: West Street Live 2017-2018 Lineup
- Walmart Presents Mary J. Blige in Debut Performance at the Walmart AMP
- Shopkins Live! Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Artosphere Festival Orchestra Returns to NWA - Musicians from Around the World Gather for 2017 Artosphere Festival Residency in May
- Outlaw Music Festival Tour Brings Star-Studded Line-Up to the Walmart AMP for One Show Featuring Willie Nelson & Family, Sheryl Crow and More
- July 4th Spectacular Featuring the Symphony of Northwest Arkansas at the Walmart AMP
- Greater Tuna Brings A Night of Laughs to Walton Arts Center
- Comedian Brian Regan announces tour including WAC show on June 15
- VoiceJam Festival Crowns 2017 Champion
- Niyaz to Perform New Album, The Fourth Light, At Walton Arts Center
- Joe Bonamassa announces extensive 2017 North American Fall Tour
- Walton Arts Center Presents 3rd Annual SEEK Fayetteville Event Co-hosted by Puritan Coffee & Beer and Fayettechill Clothing Co.
- Walton Arts Center Presents Tony Award®-Winning Play, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- NEW SHOW: Matchbox Twenty and Counting Crows Join Forces for A Brief History of Everything Tour 2017
- NEW SHOW: Brad PaisleySummer 2017 Tour With Special Guests Dustin Lynch, Chase Bryant and Lindsay Ell
- Imaginative, Improvisational, Inspired Janoska Ensemble At Walton Arts Center
- Mnozil Brass Brings Music, Laughs for the Whole Family to Walton Arts Center
- Naturally 7 to Headline the 3rd Annual VoiceJam A Cappella Festival At Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Sublime with Rome and The Offspring at Walmart AMP
- Eric Carle Story Time at Barnes & Noble
- NEW SHOW: ZZ Top at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Kidz Bop: Best Time Ever at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Boston Hyper Space Tour at Walmart AMP
- Finalists for the 3rd Annual VoiceJam Competition - Walton Arts Center - April 1, 2017
- NEW SHOW: Lady Antebellum at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Blink-182 With The Naked and Famous & Wavves at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center exhibit features The Fabric of Nature by Andrea Packard
- NEW SHOW: Steve Miller Band with Peter Frampton - Walmart AMP - Tuesday, July 18 at 7pm
- NEW SHOW: Tedeschi Trucks Band Brings Wheels of Soul Tour to Walmart AMP July 25
- NEW SHOW: Train, O.A.R. and Natasha Bedingfield at Walmart AMP on May 22
- NEW SHOW: Third Eye Blind Celebrates 20th Anniversary With Summer Gods Tour at Walmart AMP
- Be "Gentlemanly" for 7hills Homeless Shelter this winter!
- Kicking Off the 10x10 Arts Series With the Dover Quartet and Avi Avital
- Broadway's Tony Award®-Winning Best Musical A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder at Walton Arts Center
- It’s the Holiday Season at Walton Arts Center
- Grammy® Award-Winning Chris Botti at Walton Arts Center
- Thanksgiving Hours
- Celebrate the 25th Anniversary at Walton Arts Center with Chris Botti - Friday, Dec. 2 at 8pm
- Scott Galbraith Named Vice President of Programming for Walton Arts Center
- Single Tickets on Sale TODAY for Walton Arts Center Shows
- Walton Arts Center Announces The Book of Mormon Single Tickets on sale Friday, August 19 at 10am
- Walmart AMP Announces NEW AMP FEST (Beer, Music, Tech)
- New Box Office Hours
- Walton Arts Center Employee Robert Ginsburg Recognized with Jazz Journalist Association Jazz Hero Award and Announces Jazz Education Initiative
- NEW SHOW: Meghan Trainor at Walmart AMP Tuesday, Aug. 2 at 7pm
- NEW SHOW: The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart at Walton Arts Center - Wednesday - Sunday, May 4-8
- NEW SHOW: Michael McDonald & Boz Scaggs at the Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Circa's Carnival of the Animals coming to WAC's 7th Artosphere Festival - Friday, May 13 at 7pm
- VoiceJam Competition Crowns a Winner
- NEW SHOW: Menopause The Musical: The Survivor Tour at WAC Sunday, April 10 at 4pm- Portions of ticket sales benefit Susan G. Komen Ozark Affiliate
- This May: Artosphere Festival Returns
- NEW SHOW: Shinedown CARNIVAL OF MADNESS at Walmart AMP With Halestorm, Black Stone Cherry and Whiskey Myers
- NEW SHOW: Theatergroep Kwatta presents LOVE THAT DOG at Walton Arts Center - Sunday, April 3 at 2pm
- Walton Arts Center and Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art Join National Study on Economic Impact of Arts and Culture
- NEW SHOW: Miranda Lambert Coming to Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Introduces 2016-17 Procter & Gamble Broadway Series
- NEW SHOW: Traditional Irish Folk Group Coming to Walton Arts Center
- The Bridges of Madison County at Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: 2016 Grammy®-Award Winning Mavis Staples and Nick Lowe
- NEW SHOW: Salzburg Marionette Theatre's The Sound of Music at Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Jason Aldean with special guests Thomas Rhett and A Thousand Horses at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces VoiceJam Competition Finalists
- CANCELED: Don Williams
- NEW SHOW: Kenny Chesney Spreads the Love at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Blue Man Group returns to Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Weezer and Panic! At The Disco – Summer Tour 2016
- NEW SHOW: Walton Arts Center and Classic Albums Live present The Beatles’ Abbey Road
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella Comes to Walton Arts Center
- All Shoes and Boots Wanted to Help out PEACE at HOME Family Shelter
- Brian Crowne Named Vice President of Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces Don Williams
- L.A. Theatre Works’ Dracula Debuts at Walton Arts Center
- Pianist Simone Dinnerstein Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Receives $25,000 National Endowment for the Arts Art Works Grant
- Walton Arts Center Welcomes NPR’s Ira Glass
- Walton Arts Center Announces Gifts from Nicholas and Carolyn Cole & Malcolm and Ellen Hayward
- Long-Time Walton Arts Center Employee Announces Retirement
- Walton Arts Center presents MAMMA MIA!
- 2013 Tony® Award-Winning Best Musical Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Erin Turner Hogue Named Vice President of Development for Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Presents The National Circus and Acrobats of the People’s Republic of China
- Legendary Pat Martino Trio Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Announces Home For the Holidays Series
- This Christmas –An Evening of Holiday and Hits with Michael McDonald at Walton Arts Center
- Pardon Our Dust: WAC is Open!
- National Philanthropy Day to Recognize Missy Darwin Kincaid
- Walton Arts Center Announces Gift from the Bill and LeAnn Underwood Family
- World Contemporary A Cappella Festival Returns to Northwest Arkansas!
- Announcing Ellie Goulding at Walmart AMP
- Entire Jazz Series on sale today - Anat Cohen kicks things off!
- NEW SHOW NEW SEASON: Twenty One Pilots at Walmart AMP
- Paragon Ragtime Orchestra to Present The Clown Princes of Silent Comedy at Walton Arts Center
- WAC BLOG: The Hard Hat Season is Here!
- Arts Partnership to Benefit Northwest Arkansas Children
- Subscriptions to the 10x10 Arts Series On Sale Now!
- Walton Arts Center Announces Diana Krall and 2015-16 Season
- NEW SHOW: Bryan Adams at Walmart AMP on Saturday, Sept. 19 at 7:30pm
- NEW SHOW: TobyMac at Walmart AMP on Sunday, Oct. 4 at 7pm
- Walton Arts Center Building Closes, WAC Box Office Moves to Nadine Baum Studios, Walmart AMP Box Office Opens in Rogers
- Walton Arts Center Announces Helen R. Walton Distinguished Achievement Award Recipient
- Walton Arts Center Holds Groundbreaking Celebration
- NEW SHOW: Pedro Fernandez at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift from Long-Time Supporter The Starr Foundation and the Starr Family
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift From General Mills
- NEW SHOW: Kid Rock at the Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Jackson Browne at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift From Tyson Foods for Building Expansion
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift From J. B. Hunt Transport
- Proctor & Gamble honored with Star of Touring Broadway Award
- Walton Arts Center Announces $1 Million Gift From Marti and Kelly Sudduth
- Hank Williams Jr. with 38 SPECIAL and Whiskey Myers at the Walmart AMP
- Digging Up Arkansas Goes On The Road
- Walton Arts Center Announces $1.5 Million Grant From Walmart Foundation
- VoiceJam Competition Crowns A Winner!
- Acrobatic Show Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Presents Visual Art Exhibitions by Sue Johnson and Jennifer Levonian in the Joy Pratt Markham Gallery
- Broadway ONCE makes stop at Walton Arts Center - April 29-May 3
- WAC Announces Artosphere Festival - June 16-27
- Walton Arts Center Welcomes Back Humorist and Bestselling Author David Sedaris
- Theater Terra to perform Spot at Walton Arts Center
- Parking Changes
- World-Renowned Ballerina Wendy Whelan Comes to Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Lady Antebellum and Hunter Hayes at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Widespread Panic at the Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Third Eye Blind and Dashboard Confessional at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Introduces 2015-16 Broadway Series and Additional Shows
- Walton Arts Center Announces $5 Million Challenge Grant from Walton Family Foundation
- Walton Arts Center Announces 2015-16 Procter & Gamble Broadway Series
- VoiceJam Competition Finalists and “Pitch Perfect 2” Pre-Screening Announced
- Brantley Gilbert Tickets On Sale February 27
- Chicago Tickets On Sale This Friday, February 20
- Eclectic Dance Troupe Makes a Stop at Walton Arts Center
- Artist’s Reception Canceled for Former Huntsville Residents
- Classic Tales Come to Light at Walton Arts Center
- Local Young Actors Cast to Perform in Camelot at Walton Arts Center
- Walmart AMP Announces NEEDTOBREATHE Tour De Compadres Will Perform on April 24
- WAC kicks off second year of Youth Volunteer Corps program
- Sinbad to bring one-man comedy show to Walton Arts Center
- “Seinfeld” star, John O’Hurley, brings the ole "razzle dazzle" to NWA!
- WAC announces Walmart as title sponsor for the AMP
- Walton Arts Center exhibition debuts the operatic costumes of Lesley Dill
The brand new a cappella festival VoiceJam, produced by Walton Arts Center, will bring talented a cappella professionals and participants from all over the world to Northwest Arkansas. The festival will take place at Walton Arts Center on Friday, April 10 and Saturday, April 11. Collegiate and community vocal groups will participate in the competition judged by some of the hottest professionals on the a cappella scene. The winner will have the chance to compete at VocalAsia Festival in Shanghai, China. There will be performances, workshops and guest appearances from award-winning a cappella quintets, The House Jacks and Voco Novo. Deke Sharon, producer of NBC’s "The Sing Off" will serve as the official host of VoiceJam. Weekend festival passes range from $70 to $100 and can be purchased by visiting VoiceJam Weekend Pass. Single tickets are also available for purchase and details for the events are listed below.
All weekend passes and single tickets can be purchased in person at Walton Arts Center Box’s Office, by phone at 479.443.5600 or by visiting www.waltonartscenter.org.
VoiceJam A Cappella Festival
Friday, April 10-Saturday, April 11
Weekend Pass *all-access pass to events and workshops
The weekend pass includes all the finest components you are looking for in a premium festival experience. This pass allows access into Friday’s competition, all Saturday workshops (beginning, intermediate and advanced classes available) and the Red Carpet Showcase featuring an EXCLUSIVE pre-screening of “Pitch Perfect 2” before it hits theaters.
Ticket prices range from $70 to $100; visit VoiceJam Weekend Pass to learn more.
Saturday, April 11
A full day of expertise, training and fun will take place at Walton Arts Center with instruction from Deke Sharon, The House Jacks and Voco Novo. Available workshops include:
• Introduction to Contemporary A Cappella
• Sing it Like You Mean It – Part 1
• Sing it Like You Mean It – Part 2
• A Cappella Arranging
• Vocal Percussion
• Starting a Group
• Singing Instruments
• Directing an A Cappella Group
• Q&A: Meet The Pros
Ticket prices range from $70 to $100; visit VoiceJam Weekend Pass to learn more.
Friday, April 10 at 8 pm
Deke Sharon, hailed by Entertainment Weekly as “the father of contemporary a cappella” will host the competition as audiences of all ages enjoy the high-octane performances. Nine groups have been selected to compete and Walton Arts Center is excited to welcome them to the stage. The competition will be judged by a versatile and world-renowned group of vocal experts including Ariel Arbisser, Dr. Stephen Caldwell, Troy Dolendo and Jia-Ching Lai. Each group will showcase their original pieces for the audience and the judges will deliberate and decide who will be crowned the first-ever VoiceJam Champion with a chance to compete at VocalAsia in Shanghai, China.
Ticket prices range from $15 to $25; visit VoiceJam Competition to learn more.
Red Carpet Showcase
Saturday, April 11 at 7 pm
This red carpet celebration will highlight the winner from the previous night’s competition with special performances by professional ensembles The House Jacks and Voco Novo. In addition to the live showcase, is Walton Arts Center’s exclusive pre-screening of “Pitch Perfect 2,” which debuts in theaters May 2015. “Pitch Perfect 2” stars Anna Kendrik, Skylar Astin, Rebel Wilson and Elizabeth Banks, and follows the story of collegiate a cappella group, the Barden Bellas as they enter into an international competition that no American team has ever won. Produced and directed by Elizabeth Banks, Paul Brooks and Max Handelman, and music by Mark Mothersbaugh.
Ticket prices range from $30 to $50; visit Red Carpet Showcase to learn more.
Mello Divas – Berkely Preparatory School, Tampa, FL
DeltaCappella – Memphis, TN
Snowday – Gaithersburg, MD
The ILL Harmonic – University of Illinois
Above the Keys – University of Miami
Beltones at Belmont – Belmont University, Nashville, TN
Seventh Street Jazz – Yorba Linda, CA
Hibernotes – Missouri State University, Springfield, MO
VirtuOSO – Baylor University, Waco, TX
Troy Dolendo began his musical career as a DJ in junior high school. Far before beatboxing or vocal percussion became popular, Troy was imitating the sounds coming from the stereo at every chance. He began his career at Walt Disney World in 2005 and still works at Disney as well as the Universal Corporation. He was a founding member of MOSAIC as well as The Edge Effect, who were finalists on America’s Got Talent and won Boyz II Men’s vocal group challenge. Dolendo has shared the stage with a variety of stars, including PRINCE, Stevie Wonder and Jennifer Lopez.
Ariel Arbisser is a versatile performer based in Ithica, NY. In addition to The Funx, her diverse lineup of projects include soul group The Jeff Love Band, female powerhouse ensemble Lady Jaeye, and experimental funk duo Frisky Business. Arbisser got her start with the Cornell Chodials with whom she became a nationally recognized soloist, and co-produced two of their award-winning albums. Using the Meisner technique that she studied at The Actors Workshop, she has developed the teaching module, “Sing It Like You Mean It” which she teaches at festivals and schools nationwide.
Jia Ching Lai is an assistant professor of the music department at Taiwan National University of the Arts and hosts the first a cappella radio show in Taiwan. Lai is the founder of the multi-award winning O-Kai Singers who are currently the record holder for most awards won by any vocal group in Taiwan with a total of 23 domestic and international awards.
Dr. Stephen Caldwell has received critical acclaim as a singer, conductor and composer alike, and he appears regularly in concert, recital, and stage performances throughout the country and abroad. As the Director of Choral Activities at the University of Arkansas, he conducts the Schola Cantoruma, Master Chorale and Women’s Chorus. He often serves as a vocal and pedagogical consultant for choral programs at many public schools, has adjudicated choral festivals at all levels and has prepared choirs for many leading conductors including the Philadelphia Orchestra and the Delaware Symphony. Caldwell’s original, award-winning compositions and arrangements have been performed throughout the world by various school and community ensembles including the Taipei Male Choir in Taiwan, and Temple University in Philadelphia.
Host & Special Guests
Deke Sharon has been heralded as “the father of contemporary a cappella” and is responsible for the current sound of modern a cappella, having created the dense vocal-instrumental sound in college, subsequently spreading it around the world. In addition to his work with The House Jacks, Deke produces NBC’s “The Sing-Off,” which had the highest ratings of any new, unscripted television show in the US in 2009, and was the third highest rated show on NBC in 2010. Deke also served as music director for Universal’s “Pitch Perfect” (2012) starring Anna Kendrick, and is contemporary cappella’s most prolific arranger, having arranged over 2,000 songs, many of which are printed worldwide with Hal Leonard/Contemporary A Cappella Publishing. He has produced dozens of award winning a cappella albums and created a cappella groups for Disneyland and Disney World, and frequently tours the world teaching a variety of topics to students and professional singers.
The House Jacks includes members Deke Sharon, Austin Willacy, Elliott Robinson, John Pointer and Nick Girard. They have inspired live audiences across North America, South America, Europe and Asia with over 3,000 performances. They feature amazing instrument imitations (drums, flute, guitar, bass, trumpet, muted trumpet, synthesizers) that are woven into their songs to create a full and varied experience for audiences of all ages.
Voco Novo hails from Taiwan and includes five singers who came together and started Voco Novo A Cappella Group with goals to create a new sound and collaborate with different art forms. Voco Novo not only tours around Taiwan, but also has performed abroad, including Korea, Hong Kong, China, Austria, Germany, and Sweden. With only a few years of experience, Voco Novo has already won many awards including “Best Solo” award at the 2010 Seoul International A Cappella Competition, “Gold Diploma” and “Han-Guang Best Performance” and “Han-Guang Best Arrangement” at the 2011 Taiwan International A Cappella Festival, “Gold Diploma” in Pop and Jazz categories and the “Best Arrangement” award at the vokal.total.2012 International A Cappella Competition in Graz, Austria.
VoiceJam is supported by NBCUniversal, Fayetteville Advertising and Promotion Commission, Cheyenne Products, Vocal Asia and CJCHT art & culture. VoiceJam registration, submission and festival components can be found at www.waltonartscenter.org/voicejam-a-cappella-festival.