Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On TwitterTweets by @walton_arts
- Subscription Packages Now Available For Early Access to Walton Arts Center’s 2017-18 Season
- Tickets Still Available for Motown the Musical at Walton Arts Center
- Discount Tickets Still Available for 4th of July Spectacular Featuring SoNA at the Walmart AMP
- AMP Fest Returns This Fall
- Celebrate July 4th with the Symphony of Northwest Arkansas at the Walmart AMP
- Don’t Miss Arkansas’ Premier Wine and Food Festival
- Walmart AMP Announces Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s StoneTM in Concert
- Radio and Music Legends to Perform at Walton Arts Center
- Third Coast Percussion to Perform John Luther Adams’ Inuksuit at Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
- Iconic Rock Group KISS to Perform at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Presents Motown the Musical
- Hank Williams Jr. Returns to the Walmart AMP
- Live Nation Celebrates Beginning of Summer Concert Season with National Concert Day and Special Offer for Fans
- NEW SHOW: Rascal Flatts Rhythm & Roots Tour 2017 at Walmart AMP
- Artosphere Trail Mix Weekend May 13-14 Experience Art, Music and Nature Along Regional Trails
- ANNOUNCING: West Street Live 2017-2018 Lineup
- Walmart Presents Mary J. Blige in Debut Performance at the Walmart AMP
- Shopkins Live! Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Artosphere Festival Orchestra Returns to NWA - Musicians from Around the World Gather for 2017 Artosphere Festival Residency in May
- Outlaw Music Festival Tour Brings Star-Studded Line-Up to the Walmart AMP for One Show Featuring Willie Nelson & Family, Sheryl Crow and More
- July 4th Spectacular Featuring the Symphony of Northwest Arkansas at the Walmart AMP
- Greater Tuna Brings A Night of Laughs to Walton Arts Center
- Comedian Brian Regan announces tour including WAC show on June 15
- VoiceJam Festival Crowns 2017 Champion
- Niyaz to Perform New Album, The Fourth Light, At Walton Arts Center
- Joe Bonamassa announces extensive 2017 North American Fall Tour
- Walton Arts Center Presents 3rd Annual SEEK Fayetteville Event Co-hosted by Puritan Coffee & Beer and Fayettechill Clothing Co.
- Walton Arts Center Presents Tony Award®-Winning Play, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- NEW SHOW: Matchbox Twenty and Counting Crows Join Forces for A Brief History of Everything Tour 2017
- NEW SHOW: Brad PaisleySummer 2017 Tour With Special Guests Dustin Lynch, Chase Bryant and Lindsay Ell
- Imaginative, Improvisational, Inspired Janoska Ensemble At Walton Arts Center
- Mnozil Brass Brings Music, Laughs for the Whole Family to Walton Arts Center
- Naturally 7 to Headline the 3rd Annual VoiceJam A Cappella Festival At Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Sublime with Rome and The Offspring at Walmart AMP
- Eric Carle Story Time at Barnes & Noble
- NEW SHOW: ZZ Top at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Kidz Bop: Best Time Ever at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Boston Hyper Space Tour at Walmart AMP
- Finalists for the 3rd Annual VoiceJam Competition - Walton Arts Center - April 1, 2017
- NEW SHOW: Lady Antebellum at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Blink-182 With The Naked and Famous & Wavves at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center exhibit features The Fabric of Nature by Andrea Packard
- NEW SHOW: Steve Miller Band with Peter Frampton - Walmart AMP - Tuesday, July 18 at 7pm
- NEW SHOW: Tedeschi Trucks Band Brings Wheels of Soul Tour to Walmart AMP July 25
- NEW SHOW: Train, O.A.R. and Natasha Bedingfield at Walmart AMP on May 22
- NEW SHOW: Third Eye Blind Celebrates 20th Anniversary With Summer Gods Tour at Walmart AMP
- Be "Gentlemanly" for 7hills Homeless Shelter this winter!
- Kicking Off the 10x10 Arts Series With the Dover Quartet and Avi Avital
- Broadway's Tony Award®-Winning Best Musical A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder at Walton Arts Center
- It’s the Holiday Season at Walton Arts Center
- Grammy® Award-Winning Chris Botti at Walton Arts Center
- Thanksgiving Hours
- Celebrate the 25th Anniversary at Walton Arts Center with Chris Botti - Friday, Dec. 2 at 8pm
- Scott Galbraith Named Vice President of Programming for Walton Arts Center
- Single Tickets on Sale TODAY for Walton Arts Center Shows
- Walton Arts Center Announces The Book of Mormon Single Tickets on sale Friday, August 19 at 10am
- Walmart AMP Announces NEW AMP FEST (Beer, Music, Tech)
- New Box Office Hours
- Walton Arts Center Employee Robert Ginsburg Recognized with Jazz Journalist Association Jazz Hero Award and Announces Jazz Education Initiative
- NEW SHOW: Meghan Trainor at Walmart AMP Tuesday, Aug. 2 at 7pm
- NEW SHOW: The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart at Walton Arts Center - Wednesday - Sunday, May 4-8
- NEW SHOW: Michael McDonald & Boz Scaggs at the Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Circa's Carnival of the Animals coming to WAC's 7th Artosphere Festival - Friday, May 13 at 7pm
- VoiceJam Competition Crowns a Winner
- NEW SHOW: Menopause The Musical: The Survivor Tour at WAC Sunday, April 10 at 4pm- Portions of ticket sales benefit Susan G. Komen Ozark Affiliate
- This May: Artosphere Festival Returns
- NEW SHOW: Shinedown CARNIVAL OF MADNESS at Walmart AMP With Halestorm, Black Stone Cherry and Whiskey Myers
- NEW SHOW: Theatergroep Kwatta presents LOVE THAT DOG at Walton Arts Center - Sunday, April 3 at 2pm
- Walton Arts Center and Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art Join National Study on Economic Impact of Arts and Culture
- NEW SHOW: Miranda Lambert Coming to Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Introduces 2016-17 Procter & Gamble Broadway Series
- NEW SHOW: Traditional Irish Folk Group Coming to Walton Arts Center
- The Bridges of Madison County at Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: 2016 Grammy®-Award Winning Mavis Staples and Nick Lowe
- NEW SHOW: Salzburg Marionette Theatre's The Sound of Music at Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Jason Aldean with special guests Thomas Rhett and A Thousand Horses at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces VoiceJam Competition Finalists
- CANCELED: Don Williams
- NEW SHOW: Kenny Chesney Spreads the Love at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Blue Man Group returns to Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Weezer and Panic! At The Disco – Summer Tour 2016
- NEW SHOW: Walton Arts Center and Classic Albums Live present The Beatles’ Abbey Road
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella Comes to Walton Arts Center
- All Shoes and Boots Wanted to Help out PEACE at HOME Family Shelter
- Brian Crowne Named Vice President of Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces Don Williams
- L.A. Theatre Works’ Dracula Debuts at Walton Arts Center
- Pianist Simone Dinnerstein Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Receives $25,000 National Endowment for the Arts Art Works Grant
- Walton Arts Center Welcomes NPR’s Ira Glass
- Walton Arts Center Announces Gifts from Nicholas and Carolyn Cole & Malcolm and Ellen Hayward
- Long-Time Walton Arts Center Employee Announces Retirement
- Walton Arts Center presents MAMMA MIA!
- 2013 Tony® Award-Winning Best Musical Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Erin Turner Hogue Named Vice President of Development for Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Presents The National Circus and Acrobats of the People’s Republic of China
- Legendary Pat Martino Trio Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Announces Home For the Holidays Series
- This Christmas –An Evening of Holiday and Hits with Michael McDonald at Walton Arts Center
- Pardon Our Dust: WAC is Open!
- National Philanthropy Day to Recognize Missy Darwin Kincaid
- Walton Arts Center Announces Gift from the Bill and LeAnn Underwood Family
- World Contemporary A Cappella Festival Returns to Northwest Arkansas!
- Announcing Ellie Goulding at Walmart AMP
- Entire Jazz Series on sale today - Anat Cohen kicks things off!
- NEW SHOW NEW SEASON: Twenty One Pilots at Walmart AMP
- Paragon Ragtime Orchestra to Present The Clown Princes of Silent Comedy at Walton Arts Center
- WAC BLOG: The Hard Hat Season is Here!
- Arts Partnership to Benefit Northwest Arkansas Children
- Subscriptions to the 10x10 Arts Series On Sale Now!
- Walton Arts Center Announces Diana Krall and 2015-16 Season
- NEW SHOW: Bryan Adams at Walmart AMP on Saturday, Sept. 19 at 7:30pm
- NEW SHOW: TobyMac at Walmart AMP on Sunday, Oct. 4 at 7pm
- Walton Arts Center Building Closes, WAC Box Office Moves to Nadine Baum Studios, Walmart AMP Box Office Opens in Rogers
- Walton Arts Center Announces Helen R. Walton Distinguished Achievement Award Recipient
- Walton Arts Center Holds Groundbreaking Celebration
- NEW SHOW: Pedro Fernandez at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift from Long-Time Supporter The Starr Foundation and the Starr Family
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift From General Mills
- NEW SHOW: Kid Rock at the Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Jackson Browne at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift From Tyson Foods for Building Expansion
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift From J. B. Hunt Transport
- Proctor & Gamble honored with Star of Touring Broadway Award
- Walton Arts Center Announces $1 Million Gift From Marti and Kelly Sudduth
- Hank Williams Jr. with 38 SPECIAL and Whiskey Myers at the Walmart AMP
- Digging Up Arkansas Goes On The Road
- Walton Arts Center Announces $1.5 Million Grant From Walmart Foundation
- VoiceJam Competition Crowns A Winner!
- Acrobatic Show Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Presents Visual Art Exhibitions by Sue Johnson and Jennifer Levonian in the Joy Pratt Markham Gallery
- Broadway ONCE makes stop at Walton Arts Center - April 29-May 3
- WAC Announces Artosphere Festival - June 16-27
- Walton Arts Center Welcomes Back Humorist and Bestselling Author David Sedaris
- Theater Terra to perform Spot at Walton Arts Center
- Parking Changes
- World-Renowned Ballerina Wendy Whelan Comes to Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Lady Antebellum and Hunter Hayes at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Widespread Panic at the Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Third Eye Blind and Dashboard Confessional at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Introduces 2015-16 Broadway Series and Additional Shows
- Walton Arts Center Announces $5 Million Challenge Grant from Walton Family Foundation
- Walton Arts Center Announces 2015-16 Procter & Gamble Broadway Series
- VoiceJam Competition Finalists and “Pitch Perfect 2” Pre-Screening Announced
- Brantley Gilbert Tickets On Sale February 27
- Chicago Tickets On Sale This Friday, February 20
- Eclectic Dance Troupe Makes a Stop at Walton Arts Center
- Artist’s Reception Canceled for Former Huntsville Residents
- Classic Tales Come to Light at Walton Arts Center
- Local Young Actors Cast to Perform in Camelot at Walton Arts Center
- Walmart AMP Announces NEEDTOBREATHE Tour De Compadres Will Perform on April 24
- WAC kicks off second year of Youth Volunteer Corps program
- Sinbad to bring one-man comedy show to Walton Arts Center
- “Seinfeld” star, John O’Hurley, brings the ole "razzle dazzle" to NWA!
- WAC announces Walmart as title sponsor for the AMP
- Walton Arts Center exhibition debuts the operatic costumes of Lesley Dill
A recent study by Americans for the Arts has found that Northwest Arkansas’ nonprofit arts and culture industry generated $131.2 million in economic activity in 2015 - $67.5 million in spending by arts and culture organizations and an additional $63.7 million in event-related spending by their audiences. This activity supported 4,647 jobs and generated $14 million in government revenue.
The Arts & Economic Prosperity® Study is conducted nationally every five years. AEP5, the fifth study to be completed, documents the economic contributions of the nonprofit arts industry across the country as well as in 341 study regions, representing all 50 states and the District of Columbia during Fiscal Year 2015. Northwest Arkansas, defined for this purpose as Benton and Washington counties, was the only Arkansas study region included in the report.
“Arts and Economic Prosperity 5 quantifies the economic benefits of arts and culture organizations within a community,” said Randy Cohen, vice president of Research and Policy for the American for the Arts. “This study changes the conversation about the arts from that of a ‘charity’ to one about an ‘industry’ that provides both cultural and economic benefits to the community.” Cohen detailed the findings today during a news conference at the Rogers World Trade Center.
Walton Arts Center staff compiled data for the study from 23 eligible nonprofit arts and cultural organizations located in Northwest Arkansas. Each partner provided detailed budget information for FY15 including labor, payments to local and nonlocal artists, operations, administration, programming, facilities and capital expenditures/asset acquisition. Patrons also were surveyed about spending around their attendance to arts events. Project economists customized input-output models for each study region to ensure reliable and actionable localized results.
Key AEP5 Findings for NWA:
• Nearly 1.8 million people attended arts and culture events in Northwest Arkansas in 2015. Event-related spending by these attendees totaled $63.7 million, excluding the cost of admission, or roughly $35.89 per person. That’s slightly higher than the national average of $31.47 per person and almost double the $19.54 per person spending in the Northwest Arkansas region documented by Arts and Economic Prosperity IV (AEPIV), covering Fiscal Year 2010.
• The economic impact of the arts accounts for more than the monies spent in communities by residents. Cultural tourists spend money, as well. Twenty-five percent of attendees traveled from outside of the county in which the event took place. Their event-related spending on average was 199% more per person than local attendees ($71.20 vs. $23.85).
• A vibrant arts community not only keeps residents and their discretionary spending closer to home, it also attracts visitors who spend money and help local businesses thrive. Eighty-six percent of nonlocal attendees indicated that the primary purpose of their visit was “specifically to attend this arts or cultural event.”
• Among local attendees, 42 percent said they would have traveled to a different community to attend a similar cultural event, if the arts event they wanted to attend was not taking place.
• Comparing results from AEPIV and AEP5 shows that the arts industry in Northwest Arkansas has grown significantly, due in large part to the addition of the Walmart AMP and Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art between FY10 and FY15.
o Total economic impact is up 124%.
o Number of jobs is up 212%
o Local and state revenue is up 248%
o Resident spending is up by 50% and non-resident spending is up 97%
Key AEP5 Findings Nationally:
• Nonprofit arts industry generated $166.3 billion of economic activity in 2015—$63.8 billion in spending by arts and cultural organizations and an additional $102.5 billion in event-related expenditures by their audiences.
• This industry supported 4.6 million jobs and generated $27.5 billion in revenue to local, state, and federal governments—a yield well beyond their collective $5 billion in arts allocations.
• Money spent by nonprofit arts and cultural organizations supported a larger share of the U.S. workforce—0.83 percent—than the legal or public safety sectors.
“With current threats of cutting funding for nonprofit organizations, this study is timely,” Cohen said. “The $27.5 billion generated in revenue by the arts industry nationally back to the government shows that municipal, state and federal arts support is not a one-way street. Arts organizations provide jobs, support the economy and the government while they also educate, entertain and increase our quality of lives.”
The full report, a map of the 341 study regions and an economic impact summary for each can be found at www.AmericansForTheArts.org/EconomicImpact.