Day of Show Procedures
Information for Bus Drivers:
Bus drivers must follow the instructions of WAC staff to ensure the children’s safety.
All buses must enter the backstage lot via the entrance located on Spring St.
- All buses must unload children in Backstage lot ONLY (never in the middle of West St. or anywhere else).
After children are unloaded, all buses must cross West St. and enter WAC lot to park. Unless directed by a WAC staff member, absolutely no bus shall park in the backstage lot.
Upon entry into the WAC lot, buses will be directed by WAC staff to ensure said buses are parking in an appropriate manner.
At the end of a show, children will be directed to cross West St. safely, with a crossing guard, to board the bus they arrived on. No bus shall leave the WAC lot in order to load children backstage unless directed to by a WAC staff member.
Once loaded, a bus may approach the south exit of the WAC lot. A WAC parking attendant will be present to activate the gate so the bus may exit the lot.
Day of Show Procedures:
- All performances will start on time, regardless of latecomers. This is an effort to ensure that you and your students return to school as scheduled. Please make every effort to arrive at WAC 30 minutes prior to the performance start time.
- An Entry Voucher (essentially your group’s ticket) will be mailed approximately two weeks prior to your performance date. Please pass this on to the field trip’s Lead Teacher.
- Lead Teacher will be directed to the check-in table in the main lobby. Please have the Entry Voucher completely filled out, including the exact number of students and adults actually attending the performance. This information is essential in the unlikely event of an emergency.
- The school concierge will check you in. The house manager on duty will direct you to the appropriate doors for seating. Seating will be at the discretion of the house manager, depending on availability and attendance.
- Please alert the school concierge as soon as you are aware of any special needs your group may require by filling out the Change Request Form. This would include wheelchair seating, vision/hearing, and/or special education. If it is less than a week until your performance, please call with your needs.
- NO FOOD or DRINK is allowed in Baum Walker Hall.
- All school performances run about 60 minutes, unless otherwise noted.
Download this information for printout | Sample Entry Voucher