About / Future Plans / Proposed renovations to the AMP
The new Arkansas Music Pavilion (AMP) will include an expansive permanent stage-house and more seating – much of it covered, a large sloped lawn area and air-conditioned restrooms, among other patron features
“This project will transform the concert and entertainment scene in Northwest Arkansas,” said Peter Lane, President and CEO of Walton Arts Center. “By moving the venue off the blacktop of the Mall and onto a more natural setting, upgrading the patron experience, expanding seating capacity and creating enhanced artist amenities, The New AMP will be positioned as a premier concert stop in the mid-south.”
Jeff Schomburger, Chair of the Walton Arts Center Council, says, “Walton Arts Center’s mission is to bring great performing artists and entertainers to Northwest Arkansas. We need more top name concerts in our region and Walton Arts Center can help deliver that with the New AMP. Big-name entertainers and lots of cultural activities help businesses like P&G recruit and retain an exceptional workforce in Northwest Arkansas.”
The key renovations to the new AMP include:
• Reposition the entire venue in a natural setting, moving it off of the blacktop of a parking lot.
• Regrade the amphitheater and install sloped seating and appropriate handicap access.
• Install permanent drainage and related infrastructure.
• Raise the tent structure 12’ to increase sightlines and add appropriate air circulation.
• Provide permanent backstage amenities for artists including catering, dressing and production areas.
• Create higher quality seating options throughout the venue:
– Total venue capacity of approximately 6,400
– 2,400 outdoor theater-style permanent seats (1,800 covered)
– Lawn accommodations for 4,000 patrons
– Removable seating in orchestra section will accommodate artists who prefer the audience closer to the stage
– Permanent seating in the VIP section (box seating directly behind orchestra)
• Install permanent stage-house with full production capabilities.
• Construct appealing marquee entrance with drop off and lighting and perimeter fencing.
• Install and upgrade permanent concession area.
• Create permanent and upgraded VIP and donor/sponsor areas.
• Build new Box Office.
• Develop and install appropriate landscaping.